SPECIALTY CAFE - SURRY HILLS, NSW // WEBSITE
Drawing on the area’s industrial heritage, this cafe and canteen has adopted the name Foundry, offering a menu that sees the time-poor of the area well serviced for breakfast and lunch, in this tiny wedge of a coffee spot.
The kitchen boasts fares which you'd perhaps see on a cold morn near Brick Lane, London - a warm soup with crusty soda-bread, kransky in a house-brew of baked beans, slow-cooked lamb and taters, bacon and sunny side up eggs. Lunch features a neat range of sandwiches, seasonal salads and those delectable chutneys, jams, relishes and mayos that are all made in-house.
An abundance of local fresh vegetables in boxes are tucked into corners and a luscious bowl of fresh fruit on the counter, reiterating the commitment to produce. The end of the working week sees the introduction of Feast'n Fridays (noon–2pm), where you pay for a small or medium plate and then choose from a sumptuous array of dishes, spread out buffet-style on the counter.
- Collaboration on interior design and fit-out
- Design of brand identity and themes
- Liaison with construction / trades
- Council and food safety liaison
- Signage design / construction
- Establishing all internal systems
- Media liaison and promotion
- Menu creation and development
- Business management
- Hiring, training and rostering staff
- Website design
- Content copywriting
- Graphic design and photography